Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Cage will do you good!

So on the weekend, my boyfriend Adam and I made a trip to PetsMart. So much fun! We were on the hunt for the perfect cage. We also needed to get something for my Hedgie to hide in as well as a wheel.

Well we found the perfect cage. And it is massive. It's 40" long! But in the wild, hedgehogs travel around a lot, so we needed a cage big enough for him to roam around. We also got a chewable tube for him to hide in and a chewable ball with a bell inside. We couldn't find a wheel the right size for Hedgie. They only had metal mesh wheels in the larger sizes and Hedgie's tiny feet could slip through the gaps and he could easily get hurt.

I had to do a major clean-up of my room in order to set up the cage. My room was kind of cramped as it is... finding room for a 40" cage was difficult. I had to move stuff around and switch out some furniture but I managed to find enough room for the cage.

Now that everything is set up and tidy, I can't wait til friday when my baby Hedgie comes home!

Here are some more pictures of him and his brothers.

1 comment:

Adam540 said...

CUTE!!!!! I can't wait till you get him!